A year ago today I was running around like a crazy person trying to finish up on last minute details for our wedding: carving pumpkins, making centerpieces, confirming all the orders, etc.We had family and friends in town from Finland, Sweden, Oklahoma, Indiana, Florida and many other places. I just wish I could have spent more time with all of them. It was such a special time and I remember it like it was yesterday. On Sunday, October 30th, it will be our one year anniversary. Time has flown by with all that has happened in the last year!
As I reminisce, I thought I'd share some of my favorite moments from our wedding.
What I loved most about our wedding was that it was unique to Andy and I. We wanted to incorporate things that we loved and we didn't feel like we needed to go over the top with anything or go "by the books". What we really wanted was great food, craft beers, wedding pies, awesome music and to spend time with people that mattered the most. I think we accomplished all of those. I also wanted to do a lot of it on my own with the help of family and friends. I made all the invitations (took a long time), the centerpieces, bridesmaid bouquets, the guest book and my mom made the tablecloth for the pie table.
There were also some
awesome surprises that still leave me smiling. My dad, my brother and Andy's grandfather got up with the band and sung "My Oklahoma". My sister had passed out slips of paper to everyone with the chorus and we had the whole room singing. It was a beautiful moment. My dad's speech was also pretty freaking amazing and it followed with him calling my brother to sing "Emma's Waltz" in Finnish (a song he spoke about in his speech and how I got my name) and we danced our father/daughter dance to my brother singing with the band. In the weeks prior to the wedding I kept asking my dad what song he wanted to dance to and he was like "don't worry about it, Emma. We'll figure it out when we get there." Well, it was worth waiting for and a spectacular surprise. And then close to the end of the night, Andy pulled up a chair for me in the middle of the room and sung "Harvest Moon" by Neil Young to me. One of our favorite songs.
There isn't one thing I would change about our wedding day.
Andy is an amazing husband and my best friend. I really don't know what I'd do without him and he doesn't know what I'd do either! I'm still learning what it is to be a (good) wife, but so far this year has been fabulous. On to the next...!
 |
| I love this picture! |
 |
| It was a beautiful fall day. |
 |
| Malloy Family |
 |
| Covington Family with my Finnish relatives :) |
 |
| Andy's Grandparents - they are amazing. So happy that Grandma Lou was able to be there. |
 |
| My DIY Centerpieces |
 |
| Wedding pies - we cut the coconut cream pie |
 |
| First dance to "Honeymoon" by Chatham County Line |
 |
| Andy singing "Harvest Moon" |
 |
| Fireworks galore! |
 |
| The pumpkins Andy carved. |
No comments:
Post a Comment