I have to run 11 miles this weekend and the heat index will be 103-111 degrees on both Saturday and Sunday. Ahhhh! Not sure how I'm going to get through this, but it has to be done. Saturday looks a little "cooler" than Sunday so maybe I'll just head out early before the sun starts to beat. This means I won't be able to have as many drinks at my sister's birthday party as I would of hoped to. ;) I know I can run the 11 miles and I've been very good with my shorter runs this week so far. Tonight Andy and I are going to play tennis so that will be good cross-training too.
I'm traveling to Boston for work next weekend (Friday-Tuesday) for a conference and hope that I can find some time to run. I have really early mornings, but should get done by 4-4:30pm and at the point I might be too tired to run. We shall see. I'm also very excited to meet our nephew, Gavin, next week when Jeff and Kristen come up from Indiana. Andy's grandparents from Oklahoma will also be visiting so can't wait to see them too. They are the best, seriously.
Other than that, just getting through another week of work. Last weekend was a blast with the Folk and Roots Festival and this weekend will be full of family parties for my dad's and sister's birthdays. I love summer, but I can't believe it's already mid-July. It just goes way too fast. :( What happened to the times when you were a kid and summer felt like forever? Sometimes I wish I was 5 again. Life was so easy.
Hope everyone is having a good week!
No comments:
Post a Comment