Saturday was super HOT and humid so I decided to run on Sunday instead. I really wasn't in the mood to go running Sunday morning as we were up late and I was drinking margaritas instead of water the night before. But I knew I had to do it so I ventured out around 9:00am. The weather was perfect. I ran down to the lakeshore path and there was a nice breeze off the lake. I finished my 10 MILE run in about an hour and 57 minutes. That's like a 11:41/mile. I was really proud of myself and the only time I stopped was to get water. My knees were okay too... I mean they were a little sore, but didn't hurt as bad as when I ran the 9 miles. At mile 4 I picked up the pace for a while and was thinking "this isn't so bad, it's actually easy". My friend Abby who runs a lot of marathons told me that would eventually happen. She says that the first 5 miles will feel like a warm up as you're body is getting adjusted. I still can't believe I ran 10 miles... that's only 3 miles away from a half marathon! This weekend I only have to run 5 miles and then it jumps up to 11 miles. What's one more mile at this point? :)
And this was my reward:
Just a few random pictures from this weekned:
Andy smoked a pork shoulder yesterday and homemade baked beans. The pulled pork was the best, ever.
There was a petting zoo near our place with goats, ducks, pigs, etc. So cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment