I've been meaning to blog, but have been so busy that haven't had the time to sit down and write... and now it's almost August!
I just read my previous post and wanted to let you know that I
did run 11 miles that weekend. It was HOT out and I had to walk the last mile and half as I was forming a rash under my armpit and blisters on my feet. I need to buy some body glide! It was painful. I finished in about 2 hours and 22 minutes and that's with a 1.5 mile walk. I felt a sense of accomplishment at the end and I know that I can run 13.1 miles!
Here's a view of my run that morning:
 |
| Nice skyline, huh? |
Speaking of 13.1 miles, the race is 2 weeks from this Sunday! I can't believe it's almost here. When I signed up for it in March it felt like forever away and now we're a few weeks away. Scary how time flies by!
Since my 11 mile run, I ran a short mile run last week and haven't run since. I thought I would have time to run during my work conference in Boston, but I was really busy and couldn't find the time. Instead I ate a lot of seafood and took advantage of the cool city when I had a chance.
 |
| In Boston eating Lobstah |
I got in Tuesday night, went to work yesterday morning and then left in the early afternoon to go visit my dad in the hospital who had hip replacement surgery yesterday. I was there all afternoon/evening and will be going back tonight after work. The surgery went well and he's now on the road to recovery. The first weeks are going to be the hardest, but he's taking it one day at a time. The Physical Therapists are making him walk today! I can't even imagine. They say that physical therapy is key to a successful new hip. I am proud of him for doing it and can't wait for him to be in no more pain. :)
 |
My dad after surgery yesterday. His 3 girls were there to keep him company!
|
I can't wait for the weekend to come and I'm going to take full advantage of summer; Beach, BBQs, family time, etc. I'm also going to run 8-9 miles this weekend and then start fresh with my weekly short runs next week. I'll write again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment