Friday, December 30, 2011

The Countdown...


2012 is only a day away! Do you have any goals or resolutions for the new year? Do you usually keep up with them? My goal last new year was to run the Chicago half marathon and that I did! I'm not sure what I have in mind for 2012, but I look forward to whatever it brings. One of my favorite things to do this time of year is to look back on the year and talk about everything that has happened and what was accomplished. It's amazing how much can happen in one year. We were hoping that 2011 would be almost uneventful since 2010 was such a whirlwind, but 2011 brought all kinds of changes for the good and the bad.

We'll be celebrating the New Year with our families and friends at our place. We've been cooking all day and I am very excited to host one of our very first parties in our "new" place. Our guests are in for a treat as we are preparing a Southern meal that consists of bacon crackers, pimento cheese, beef brisket mini sandwiches, deviled eggs, Hoppin' John Salad and pecan pie. Along with champagne we will also be serving Andy's famous bourbon slush.

Wishing everyone a fantastic New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment