The Sooners lost. Oh well. It's just a game, right? We thought we were going to see a repeat on Sunday when watching the Bears, but they won an ugly game! Other than watching Oklahoma lose, we had a fantastic weekend. Friday night we stayed in and we both feel asleep watching Carlito's Way at like 9:45pm. I was up early on Saturday morning to babysit my niece for a few hours before coming home to run some errands with A. We made our annual trip to Hoosier Mama Pie Company to get our wedding anniversary pie. At our wedding, we cut the coconut cream pie, but our favorite is the sugar cream pie - an Indiana classic. It's heavenly. I also wanted to try the pear this time so we got two mini pies instead of one big one. We're saving the other one for our Anniversary tomorrow. On Saturday night, I met up with my friend B for dinner and headed to the Bubbly Creek/Town Mountain concert at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Lincoln Square. It was a fantastic show. I only snapped a picture of Town Mountain on my phone, but have many photos of Bubbly Creek on my camera that I have yet to upload. And a few videos. When we got home we watched the OU game and we all know how that ended. On Sunday morning, we took a long walk in the morning with Red and then walked to a pre-anniversary brunch at Big Jones. Coffee and beignets to start with. My corncakes were delicious. After the Bears game, we went to the gym to get a good sweat. Last night we had a pre-anniversary dinner at Anteprima in Andersonville. I can't believe we haven't been there before. It's molto bene!! A very romantic, fine evening with A. Even though we were completely stuffed after dinner, we enjoyed a slice of the sugar cream pie while watching Boardwalk Empire. The perfect end to the weekend. It was really nice to celebrate our anniversary over the weekend. There's nothing wrong with a weekend-long celebration, right?
Hope everyone had a great, fall weekend! It's almost November?!
No comments:
Post a Comment