Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Aunt Emma

I'm an aunt to a beautiful, healthy baby boy - Gavin Michael Malloy! He was born yesterday, June 6th, 2011 around 6:45am in Terre Haute, Indiana. The family dynamics are forever changed and it's exciting for everyone! They are going to be wonderful parents and I am so thrilled for them as they embark on this life-long adventure. We're planning a trip out to see them soon! Here's a picture of Gavin:




As for running, after being sick all last week I didn't run my 9 miles on Saturday. In fact, my nose is still running and it's been over a week. I did make it to the gym last Friday and Saturday for some interval running on the treadmill, but had to stop after about 40 minutes. I couldn't breathe out of my nose! So, I'm starting fresh this week! I ran last night and will be running today, Thursday, cross training on Friday and running 9 miles on Saturday. We have a gym at work so I'm going to start running during my lunch break which will free up a lot of time after work. I've also been focusing on what I eat and learning what foods are good for me to eat on the days I run and don't run. I always thought that when I run I should be eating lots of carbs but actually it's important to eat more protein and less carbs. When I do eat carbs I will eat fresh fruit, oatmeal and whole grains. And no more beer for me! Well, at least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment