Monday, June 13, 2011

Still sick

On to my third week of being sick and I still haven't run the 9 miles that I was supposed do 2 weekends ago. I feel so guilty and flat-out frustrated. There is nothing more that I want to do than put on my gym shoes and go for a run and I just can't do it. Last Thursday, I had a pretty high fever and then Friday, Saturday and Sunday I thought that maybe I had a sinus infection, however, the sinus pressure has gone away and now I'm coughing and clearing my throat every 30 seconds. I'm going to bite the bullet tonight and run 3 miles. And tomorrow. And Thursday. And I'm running 9 miles on Saturday no matter what.

Luckily, I still have 2 months until the race so I'm a little ahead of the game. A lot of people only train up to 10 miles so the fact that I'm running 9 miles this weekend I think I'll be okay.

I'm very thankful for my sweet, loving husband who has taken care of me the last couple of weeks. He's helped out with laundry, vacuuming, doing the dishes, watering flowers, etc. I don't know what I would do without him... and he doesn't know what I'd do without him either. Ha. ;)

I hope my next post's title will be: "Feeling 100% better and ran 9 miles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment