Monday, June 27, 2011

summer running

Yesterday was a BEAUTIFUL day! I'm talking 78 degrees, blue sky with not a cloud in the sky. I had a great 5 mile run with Andy. My knees didn't hurt, no cramps, and finished in 55 minutes. The first mile was the slowest (12:00), but we picked up the pace the rest of the way. Keep in the mind, this was Andy's 2nd run of the day. He ran 3-4 miles earlier in the morning. He's the energizer bunny - just keeps on going! It truly amazes me. We also got the bikes out and went on 2 bike rides yesterday. That was a lot of fun.

I'm also supppper excited because I got a new DSLR this weekend! It was a gift for myself and from Andy for all my dedication and training for the half marathon. I was going to wait to buy it until after the race, but I want to start learning about photography and taking pictures now. I bought a photography book -  Understanding Exposure so that will be my new read for a while. Maybe I'll change this blog into a photography blog after the race is over! ;)

On another note, I downloaded a few new songs that are awesome for running:

Pause - Pitbull
Get Some - Lykke Li
Stereo Love - Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina

10 miles this Saturday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment