Friday, November 4, 2011

Scandinavian Maximalism

With the help of Dagny, I've discovered Scandinavian Maximalism. She describes Scandinavian Maximalism as:

1. Lots of white
2. Clean, simple lines
3. Interesting artwork
4. Vintage/antique contrasting items
5. Layers
6. Just more stuff! (we’ve stopped hiding everything in boxes :))
If you've seen my place then you know that I like traditional/rustic style i.e. Pottery Barn, but I'm really drawn to Scandinavian Maximalism. I think it takes a creative mind to decorate like this and that's something I can appreciate. Does someone want to help me decorate?
Also, did I mention that I love cowhide rugs? We have one in our living room that we bought while vacationing in Santa Fe and now I wish we had bought more! They were such a great deal. We of course were afraid that our dog was going to chew it up, but she just loves laying on it.










No comments:

Post a Comment