Sunday, April 17, 2011

5 miles!

I officially ran 5 miles today and that's the furthest I have ever run...I think. Any way, it was such a great feeling  and I probably could have run longer, but didn't want to push it.

This weekend I was in Michigan and when Brenna picked me up from the train station Friday afternoon she says that she has a tickle in her throat and guess what? I did too. Bummer. That didn't stop us from sitting in traffic for 2 hours in Chicago and finally making it to MI early Friday evening. The weather was pretty gross anyway so we had a very low key weekend that involved a lot of eating and watching the entire 5th season of Dexter. We both felt pretty sick on Saturday morning (cold, sore throat, feverish, nauseous), but we made it to breakfast and I really think the pancakes and eggs helped. We drank lots of fluids and by Saturday night we were both feeling a little better. I got home this morning, had a slight headache and a runny nose, was VERY close to not running, but I did it! My legs felt strong and even though my nose was running on the treadmill I was able to get through it. And my headache went away! Woohoo! Next week I have to run 6 miles. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment