Monday, August 8, 2011

Butterflies...eeeek

The race isn't until Sunday and I already have butterflies and anxiety! I can't even imagine how I'm going to feel the night before the race. Better to get the nerves out now though! I don't know what's causing the most nerves... the fact that it's 13.1 miles and my longest run? All the people? Not finishing within 3 hours and 30 minutes and having to get on the "sag" bus? The weather? Running too fast too early and tiring myself out? Potential cramping, pain and fatigue? All of the above?

This is what I keep telling myself (the Feel Better Breakdown):

1. 13.1 miles is only 2.1 miles longer than my longest run. I can DO IT!
2. People will make it exciting and the adrenaline should pump me up! I have 3 friends running it too. And my family will be there to celebrate with me afterwards.
3. 3 hours and 30 minutes is almost an hour past my predicted finish time. Even if I have to walk a mile or two I will still finish with plenty of time left. No sag bus for me!
4. Can't change the weather, but looking at the forecast right now and it says 80 and sunny! That's cooler than any temperature I have run in this summer.
5. They have pace groups that I can keep up with! I will meet them on Friday at the Expo.
6. Pain? Cramping? Suck it up, Emma! It's only a couple of hours. Make sure to drink lots of water. Obviously, if I feel like I'm going to faint then I'll stop running.
7. Yeah, it's everything above, but it will be fun and I've trained long enough.. now it's just mental.
8. Bands at every mile? Yep!
9. A huge accomplishment? Definitely.
10. Can't back out now, Emma. You're training days are over and be proud of yourself! Let the race begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment