Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The need for speed.

I have not run since Sunday and I am CRAVING a run, like bad. You know it's become a habit when you "crave" it. To get it out of my system I'm going to run to the gym tonight, do some cross-training, lift weights and then run home.

I'm starting a new exercise routine next week and will only be running intervals twice a week.  My goal is to increase my speed and endurance. The rest of the workouts will consist of weight training and other types of cardio and yoga.

Otherwise, I'm feeling great after the run on Sunday. I still can't believe I ran 13.1 miles. I'm really proud of myself and I know my family & friends are too. My mother-in-law texted me that my sister told her Zumba class she teaches that I ran the half marathon, did an amazing job and that she was really proud of me. That brought tears to my eyes! I might just have to run it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment