Wednesday, August 24, 2011

...Autumn...

It's around the corner! You can't deny it. It's always bittersweet because we waited so long for summer to come and now it's all coming to end, for now. Families are returning from summer vacations, taking their kids back to school shopping and sending them off to school. Oh, if I could go back to being a kid. I remember summers felt like forever and there wasn't a worry in the world. And I loved getting new school supplies - pencils, pens, markers, notebooks, etc. I could go back to school just for that reason! Fall is almost here and summer will be back again next year, folks.

I love summer, but I may love fall a little bit more. When I think of fall this is what comes to mind: Rich colors, cooler weather, sunny days, the smell of mulching leaves, apples, pumpkins, mums, my wedding anniversary, pumpkin spice lattes, football, jeans, sweaters, boots, Halloween, Thanksgiving, long walks (without my dog getting winded) and family time. I especially love fall in Chicago. Here are some fall staples:
Plaid shirts and cargo jackets

Trench coats
Leather jackets, boots and tights

Big scarves, long sleeved dresses
Are you a little more excited about fall? I sure am!

No comments:

Post a Comment