Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Baking

My sister and I took a pie making class from my mother-in-law who is a master baker. She makes the most wonderful pies, cakes, brownies, cookies, cinnamon rolls, ice cream, etc. You name it and she knows how to do it. My favorite of hers is her coconut cream pie which she learned from her mother-in-law. And one day I will learn how to make that, but she says it's a lot harder than any kind of fruit pie. Baby steps, Emma. So with my new kitchen aid mixer, my plan is to start baking a lot more. I also have to get a lesson with my mom on how to make Finnish Pulla as that calls for yeast and is more labor intensive. Anyway, on Friday night we made Apple and Cherry Pie. They were pretty easy to make. The hardest part was rolling out the dough for the crust. I also needed some help with the lattice on the cherry pie. They were DELICIOUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment