Hopefully by this time tomorrow morning I'll be finishing up at my dentist appointment. I had nightmares last night about it and I'm sure I won't be able to sleep tonight knowing that I have to be there early in the morning to have someone invade my mouth. Does anyone else have a dentist phobia? I'm not sure what the root of my issue is as I've only ever had one cavity and things have always been fine. Maybe it's the sounds, blood taste, lecturing dentist, scratching tool sensations, etc? I need to get over it and just do it. At least I'm following up on my new year resolutions. The longer I wait, the worse it will be, right?
I'll let you know how it goes. I'm bring my headphones so I can zone out to music. Hoping that I don't need any kind of major work done!
You should take me noise cancelling headphones
ReplyDeleteAh, yes... you've perfectly described the ambiance of a dental clinic. But it doesn't have to be that way. People just have to face their fears. It's not so much the pain of the operation, but the fact that someone touches the innermost parts of your mouth. If you can get over that, I'm sure you and your dentist would be alright.
ReplyDelete