We made the reservation for 6 people back in January and this was the first reservation available; they are now booked through July. The restaurant only seats about 34 people and is a very intimate space. And no tickets required!
I love that this fine dining restaurant is byob and that it's off the beaten path in west Lincoln Square. It's on Lawrence avenue just west of Western avenue. You could probably drive by a million times and never notice it, but that's what I like about it. Andy had called the restaurant for wine and beer recommendations for each course and they gave great recommendations. The service was impeccable, too.
We enjoyed 8 courses (plus 3 extra) and sat for about 3 1/2 hours enjoying each and every bite. I can't even tell you what my favorite dish was...they were all amazing. Chef Chris Nugent from Les Nomades is a divine chef and I made sure to let him know that last night when he came around. And silly me, when I saw goosefoot on the menu I immediately thought it would be a real goose foot, but I was wrong. Goosefoot is a flowering plant.
And the menu? They are yours to take home and plant. And with a little water and soil they grow into wild flowers. I love that!
I look forward to go going back one day - it's a GREAT addition to our neighborhood!
Now, go make a reservation. And you can thank me later.
No comments:
Post a Comment