Tuesday, April 3, 2012

sup.

Stand up paddleboarding. My sil (sister in law) sent us an itinerary of our trip to California and after our lunch at La Sirena in Laguna Beach we will be "stand up paddling in Dana Point or Laguna". My heart skipped a beat when I read this as I am generally a little afraid of oceans, big bodies of water, sharks, you know, the unknown. I have never surfed and not sure that I ever would. I'm not the greatest swimmer and I've felt some of that undertow before so no thanks. However, sup is supposed to be a great workout and beginners start out in the harbor with no waves. My sil swears it's a lot of fun and pretty easy. So, with my new attitude about being adventurous, I am going to do this and I'm excited! Who knows maybe I'll love it and buy myself a board for Lake Michigan?

In the meantime, I'm reading all about it! 

Looks easy enough, right?

And Eventually maybe we can get Red on board, too!

Have you ever been? Have any pointers for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment