Thursday, March 3, 2011

running outside

The snow has melted, the sun is shining a little bit more and that means I need to start running outside. Unlike most people, I enjoy running on the treadmill, but I also know that I won't be running the half marathon on a treadmill. The good thing is time goes by much quicker when I run outside, but it's definitely harder to pace myself. My friend Carrie told me about the Nike GPS app on the iPhone which tracks your distance and time, but I need to upgrade my 3G to the iPhone 4 to be able to download it (just another reason to get the iPhone 4). So until I get the new phone in May, my goal is to measure out a few courses so I know exactly how far I'm running.

Last night I went for a run with Red and she's seriously the best running partner. She ran right along the side of me, didn't pull, didn't bark, and about 20 minutes into the run she looked up at me and I could see her smiling. It was strange, but I could tell she was so happy. When we were running through Winnemac Park there were 5 or 6 dogs off leashes who came running up to us and Red didn't even care - she was on a mission. If only she could run the half marathon with me. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment