This is the first week that I feel like my runs have become effortless. My legs are getting stronger by the day and I am able to push myself harder and longer and it's a GREAT feeling. It's such a small accomplishment in the big picture, but those are the little things that keep me going. I look forward to my next run on Saturday when I hope to do more than 4 miles. I also realized my first 5K is Sunday, May 1st and that's only about 2 months away. That race will be a breeze, but I still get anxious thinking about it. Luckily, I have a few friends and my husband to run with that day.
I had happy hour with a good friend of mine the other night and she had some really encouraging words for me. She's running the first ever Jerusalem Marathon this spring! Go Abby! She gave some great advice and it made me want to run the half marathon even more. My training starts in mid-late May, so it's coming up fast. Now I just need to focus on building my endurance.
On a side note, I'm getting my haircut next Thursday! I think it may have been a sign that Jennifer Aniston just recently cut her hair too. Can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment