I'm back in Chicago and had an awesome trip to NYC. Unfortunately, I only got one 5 mile run in, but we walked a ton. I'm thinking we walked close to 20 miles. I was going to upload some photos from my iPhone that I took during our run in Prospect Park, but I got a new iPhone the other day and then realized afterwards that I can't text or e-mail myself the pictures anymore. Bummer. It was a really neat run and a lot of people were out. We had to run up slope for the first .5 miles (who knew NY had so many hills?) and there were some hills throughout the course of the park. I am not used to running up hill and that was really hard for me, but I did it! Prospect Park is really nice and HUGE. We even saw horses. Luckily, we ran down the slope the last .5 miles so that was a little treat. My legs we really sore the next 2 days.
Since getting back, I've only run one night and cross trained the other. I have yoga during my lunch today and then going to run on the treadmill tonight. I haven't gone to the gym in FOREVER and actually miss it. There's something about running on a treadmill... maybe it's that I don't have to deal with this crappy Chicago spring weather. This weekend I'm running 8 miles and am planning my route. Getting nervous!
I ordered an arm band to put my iPhone in for when I run. It will be nice not to have to hold it anymore. I also bought a light running belt to hold keys, ID, gels, etc. Can't wait for the shipment to come.
I'll let you know how the run goes this weekend..... eeeek.
I'll leave you with some pictures of Prospect Park:




No comments:
Post a Comment