Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Running in NYC

Andy and I are going to NYC to visit his sister, Molly, this weekend and I can't wait! I am also so happy that I don't have to run 8 miles on Saturday and that I get a change of scenery. She lives in Brooklyn so we'll be hitting up Prospect Park, a 585 acre park in the heart of Brooklyn, for my 5 mile run on Saturday. Hopefully, I can get both of them to run it with me. ;) In addition to running, we'll be eating our way through NYC, walking, shopping and hanging out. I'll post some pictures next week when we get back.

Other than that, I ran 7 miles this past Saturday. The only time I stopped was at stop lights and it felt really good. I ran along the lakeshore path again and came across a lot of runners training for the marathon. It was neat to see so many people out early in the morning. My knees were pretty sore after the run, but I think that's just the way it's going to be after my long runs. The last couple of days my legs have been sore too but I ran through it yesterday and that helped to loosen them up.

See ya'll next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment