It's official, this is the worst spring weather, ever. It's 40 degrees out, raining and extremely windy. It's almost JUNE!!!!!!!! Ahh! I had signed up for the Chase Corporate Challenge through work and the race is tonight at Grant Park and I have decided not to run it for a few reasons:
1. it's disgusting outside
2. the park and roads are going to be full of puddles
3. i don't want to ruin my shoes
4. don't want to get sick... and not feeling 100% today
5. my hamstrings are still REALLY sore from this weekend
I've been trying to rest my legs this week as my hamstrings are so tight. I've done a few light runs to loosen them up. The yoga class today helped stretch them out too. I'm trying to figure out what made them so tight. Was it the long run on Saturday? The running surface (trail)? The hills? Who knew that sitting all day at work could be so painful? I really need to get one of those hard foam rolls to knead out the knots. Some one at work also told me about Arnica Gel. Need some of that ASAP.
So, instead of running in the crappy weather outside I will make my way to the gym after work and run the 3 1/2 miles comfortably on the treadmill.
Looks like the weather is going to jump up by 45-50 degrees this weekend. It's either in the 40's, 50's or 90's. What happened to 70's?
No comments:
Post a Comment