I downloaded the Nike + GPS app on my phone and it tracked my distance, time, pace and calories. I can also link up to Facebook and when people comment or like my run it sends me little cheers and motivation. I might have to test that out next time. I took a snapshot of it after my run. Who wants to challenge me?
Monday, May 23, 2011
Weekend Recap
When I started running in January, I never thought that I would be able to run 8 miles (non-stop) outside. It's amazing what you can train your body to do over a short period of time. I beat my own record, again, and it was a fabulous feeling! I spent the night at my parent's house on Friday and took full advantage of their forest preserves and trails. It was really refreshing to run on a gravel/sand trail in the woods and alone. The forest smelled so fresh and I took off my headphones to listen to the sound of nature and tuned into the rhythm of my body. It was exhilerating and I felt like I could do anything I wanted. What a great feeling! It was also a challenging run as there were a lot of hills.
I downloaded the Nike + GPS app on my phone and it tracked my distance, time, pace and calories. I can also link up to Facebook and when people comment or like my run it sends me little cheers and motivation. I might have to test that out next time. I took a snapshot of it after my run. Who wants to challenge me?
This weekend I only have to run 5 miles before it jumps up to 9 next weekend. By the time the race rolls around I'll be running 20 miles!
I downloaded the Nike + GPS app on my phone and it tracked my distance, time, pace and calories. I can also link up to Facebook and when people comment or like my run it sends me little cheers and motivation. I might have to test that out next time. I took a snapshot of it after my run. Who wants to challenge me?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment