I have officially signed up for my first race, ever. What better way to run my first 5k than in my neighborhood and home of Rahm Emanuel? It's called the Ravenswood 5K Run and even get a Mizuno dryscience tech shirt! The race is Sunday, May 1st, 2011 and I expect all my family to be there to cheer me on and then head to brunch afterward. I plan on signing up for a few other races this Spring perhaps the Bunny Rock or Shamrock Shuffle. I was also thinking of doing the 10 mile Soldier Field Run. Anyone have any suggestions?
Also, my shoes were a success this morning. They felt AWESOME! I didn't quite get to 4 miles, but ran 3 miles and was feeling good. There was this guy on the treadmill next to me that smelled so bad. I thought I was going to puke the whole time. He was wearing this long sleeve shirt and probably had worked out in it a few times and didn't wear deodorant. That's probably what held me back from running the 4 miles. Makes me cringe just thinking about it. I couldn't decide if I should breathe in through my nose or mouth; just to know that I was inhaling/tasting that sweat through my mouth was gross, but I couldn't go on breathing through my nose. It was bad. Hope he's not there tomorrow.

hahahahahaha ewwww. so sorry to hear that. stinky dudes are the WORST. wish i could be there to cheer you on!
ReplyDelete