Friday, January 21, 2011

New Shoes = Happy Emma

Isn't it a gym rule that when it's busy you can only occupy the machine for 30 minutes? Well, if it's not, it should be.

I was so excited to go to the gym yesterday after purchasing my new running shoes, except when I got there all the treadmills were taken! Boo. I of course have my 2 favorite treadmills and the people were on them for over an hour. And I would have run outside, but the City of Chicago doesn't plow their sidewalks and I'm not running on ice. Instead I ellipticized (new word) for 30 minutes.

The real test will be tomorrow when I do a "long" run. I hope to do about 4 miles.

As for my shoes, I decided to go with the Mizuno Wave Inspire 7 shoe. It's lightweight and has extra shock resistant cushioning. They shoe came in a wide too. I had a hard time deciding between the Saucony Glide and depending on tomorrow's run I might exchange the shoe.

My husband and I are going to have a low key tonight so we can both get the gym early before the rush. Woohoo!

Quote of the day: "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts."
Steve Prefontaine

No comments:

Post a Comment