Does anyone else experience numb feet while running? I think it's happened about 3 times where my left foot falls asleep in the middle of a vigorous run. It's not a good feeling and it makes it hard to continue. And why is it only my left foot?
Things that help:
Wiggling my toes
Stopping and kicking my heel against the ground
Rotating my ankle
I googled this annoyance and it sounds like there's some nerve compression in either my toes or ankle. They say it might have something to do with the pounding on the pavement, small shoes, old shoes, wrong shoes, over tightening of the shoelaces or a scary thing called Morton's Neuroma. I stopped reading the article when they mentioned cortisone shots or surgery. No thank you!
In an effort to stop this pins-and-needles feeling, I'm going to go to Fleet Feet tonight to buy a new pair of running shoes. They said you should replace your gym shoes after 300-400 miles, but who's really counting? My shoes are about 2 years old so I think it's about time. I hope they can find a shoe wide enough for my short, stubby toes.
I'm praying that this will be the answer to my numb foot syndrome! Wish me luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment