Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Run Emma Run?

I've decided to start a blog. Yes, I watched Julie and Julia the other night, but that's not why I'm doing this.

On January 1st, 2011, I made a New Year's resolution to run the Chicago half marathon on September 11th, 2011. I thought maybe if I started  a blog about it that I actually might go through with it. And I'm keeping myself accountable.

The past year was a whirlwind, in a good way! I was proposed to on December 18th, 2009 and was married to the love of my life, a banjo player, on October 30th, 2010. I really enjoyed the wedding planning and all the parties that went along with it. But maybe too much! Unlike most brides who lose weight during their engagement, I freakin' gained weight. I still don't know how that happened, but I blame it on the parties and pie/cake tastings. I'm just happy I fit into my dress on my wedding day and that I still felt beautiful. Anyway, so not only were we planning a wedding, but we also purchased a home which involved lots of moving, cleaning, stress, decision making, etc. And to top off the year, our dog, Red, had 9 puppies a week before our wedding! 



So why run a half marathon?  I want to do something for myself and for my health. It's something I can look forward to. It's something my family, husband and friends can be proud of me for. I know I can do it, it's just a matter of getting the right attitude and training. I'm not a runner, but have always enjoyed it and am still convinced it's the best work out. My endorphins fly high after a good run!

So, here's to my trials and tribulations!

2 comments:

  1. Emma, when you were little, one of your favorite books was "Run Dog Run" . I know you can do it !!!! Aiti rakastaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sorry ...it was 'Go Dog Go" same thing!!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete