Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Half Marathon Update

Instead of running the Chicago Half Marathon on September 11th, 2011, I'm going to run the Rock and Roll Half Marathon on Sunday, August 14th, 2011. I was talking to a few people about it,  read up about each of the marathons and the Rock and Roll one seems much more my style. They have bands playing at every mile! I heard it's a lot more fun and the route is nicer. The race starts in Grant Park, goes through downtown, up LakeShore Drive and ends at Grant Park. Luckily, I have a few running companions that will join me in the run and that will help motivate me!

I was also really proud of myself for going to the gym yesterday. It was another mini-blizzard and I got a little nervous taking the car out, but I made it to the gym and ran a successful 2.5 miles at an even higher speed. I'm going to run again tonight, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.

I can't wait for all the snow to melt and it to get a little warmer so I can start running outside with friends. Come on Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment