Friday, February 4, 2011

Randomness

I just ate 2 pieces of dark chocolate and I feel pretty guilty because I know I won't make it to the gym tonight. I also realized that even if I am able to get the car out of our parking lot that there will no place to park it when I get to the gym. The streets are full of snow!

However, I AM going to the gym tomorrow and Sunday. If I need to crawl there, I will. Hopefully, I can reach my 4 mile this weekend and then I won't feel as bad for eating those 2 pieces of dark chocolate. I read somewhere that dark chocolate is actually good for you (in moderation). 

It's also Superbowl weekend and hopefully I won't be tempted with lots of nachos, fries, chicken wings and beer. Maybe I can convince Andy to stay home and eat grilled chicken and brussel sprouts.

I LOVE brussel sprouts. Especially Ina Garten's recipe:

Roasted Brussels Sprouts

Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
3 tablespoons good olive oil
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Cut off the ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the
olive oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer them to a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp outside
and tender inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the Brussels sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more
kosher salt (I like these salty like French fries) and serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment