Monday, February 14, 2011

Spring is on its way

It was a beautiful weekend here in Chicago and it's amazing what a 45 and sunny day will do to your mood. The last couple of weeks have been so cold and snowy that I think all of Chicago needed a day like yesterday to make us remember that spring and summer are around the corner. I seriously cannot wait.

Friday night I went for a run outside with Red. This was my first time actually running outside and it felt pretty good. It was a little hard to get around on the sidewalks since some people haven't shoveled yet and I didn't feel like spraining my ankle so I ran in the street. I think that made Red a little nervous so we cut the run short and only did about 30 minutes.

On Saturday I was going to try and 4 miles, but for some reason my legs and whole body were just tired. There was no way I was going to get past 3 miles. I kept trying to think "I can do this", but it didn't help. I hadn't been feeling well the last couple of days so I think that may have had something to do with it. I was pretty bummed, because I enjoy my Saturday runs and I felt like I left myself down. Next Saturday I will run at least 4 miles.

Instead of running on Sunday I cross trained. I think my legs needed a break from running so I took up the eliptical and stairmaster. They felt so easy compared to running. I broke a good sweat, but felt like they just weren't doing the job. I finished up my workout with some weights and walked out to a beautiful day.

Andy and I enjoyed a nice hour and a half walk around town with coffee and the dog. We talked about our plans, wishes and hopes for the spring and summer. We can't wait to take Red to the beach after work and on weekends, have movie nights at Winnemac Park, bike around town, go camping, etc. Summertime in Chicago is the BEST. People always ask if we have summer travel plans, but I'd rather stay in Chicago during the summer and go travel in the spring/fall/winter. My kind of town!

No comments:

Post a Comment