Wednesday, February 29, 2012

couscous salad.

I made a big batch of this so that I can bring it for lunch the rest of the week, but I also had it for dinner last night. It was so light, refreshing and tasty. I also added some feta cheese for extra flavor and protein. It'd also be good with tomatoes and cucumbers. The lemon and garlic add a great flavor.


 

Couscous and Radish Salad
Prep: 15 min, Cook: 5 min.

  • 1-1/4 cups water
  • 1 cup couscous, uncooked
  • 1/2 tsp. lemon zest
  • 1/3 cup lemon juice
  • 2 Tbs. water
  • 1 Tbs. olive oil
  • 1 clove garlic, crushed
  • 2 cups radishes, trimmed and quartered
  • 1/2 cup fresh parsley
  • 1/3 cup fresh mint, or 1 Tbs. dried
  • 2 Tbs. scallions, thinly sliced
Bring water to a boil in a covered saucepan. Stir in couscous. Cover, remove from heat and set aside for 15 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Set aside. Combine the next 5 ingredients and salt and pepper to taste in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake vigorously and set aside. Finely chop the radishes radishes and transfer to a bowl. Mince the mint and parsley and stir into radishes. Transfer couscous to bowl with radishes. Toss. Add dressing and toss again. Serve couscous salad topped with scallions (and feta cheese).

1 comment:

  1. Looks great and can't wait to try. Sounds a little healthier than the pulled pork sandwich and sweet potato fries I had at the Bulls game.

    So that's where my Bulgarian Feta went...

    ReplyDelete