I know, I know, Lebanon and Turkey are two totally different countries and the only reason I'm lumping them together in this post is because they both border the Mediterranean Sea (with a bunch of other countries) AND their cuisine is sort of similar. With the hopes of going there one day, I will continue to indulge in their cuisine here in Chicago.
So, you're craving Lebanese food?
Then head to Semiramis in Albany Park. It's right of the Kedzie brown line stop.
It's the perfect place for any occasion - a date night, with a group of friends, a birthday party, etc.
This cozy joint is BYOB, their food is awesome, reasonably priced and their service is great. We've been coming here for about five years and we have never left disappointed. We've introduced family and friends to this place and now they are regular customers too. It's a great place for vegetarians and meat lovers, both of which are in my family.
Some recommendations:
Appetizers: tabbouleh, hummus, baba ghannouj, fries
Entrees: Falafel special sandwich, lamb and beef chawarma special sandwich, mixed grill, roasted chicken and chicken chawarma with fattoush.
About to order some dessert?
Pay your bill and walk across the street to Nazareth Sweets.
More options, less expensive and they are very helpful.
__________________________________________________________
Ready to spice up you life? Make a reservation at Cafe Orchid.
I love this place. The Turkish staff is super friendly and accommodating. The food is unique and delicious (I really need to find a new word) and the space is very inviting even though it might not look it from the street. The patio is really nice to sit at in the summer too. And guess what? It's BYOB too!

I had the uskudar and A had the whole fish.
Before.
After.
Some recommendations:
Appetizers: Ezme, dolmas, fried liver, falafel, spinach pie
Entrees: uskudar, iskender, doner kabob, vegetable stew (with bulgar)
or the special whole fish.
Enjoy!!


No comments:
Post a Comment