Thursday, March 22, 2012

chicago gem: tre kronor.

Ohhh, how I love me some Tre K. I may be a little biased because I went to college across the street and spent a lot of afternoons at Tre K drinking coffee and eating lunch. The good old days. I also had my post-graduation dinner there and more recently, I hosted my sister's baby shower at Tre Kronor.


BUT, this is the best Swedish restaurant in the city of Chicago. Forget Ann Sather - that place is totally overrated. Tre Kronor has everything that you are looking for. The food is häftigt (awesome), I love the service and the fact they continuously re-fill your coffee cup, oh and their coffee is delectable, portion size is just right and the decor is quaint. I am excited to spend some time in Stockholm this summer and see how the food compares!


You may be in for a wait on Saturday and Sunday morning, but while you wait you can head over to the Sweden Shop to browse their Scandinavian goods (house ware, glass, purses, books, fabrics, etc).

Tre K is also BYOB (Man, I love Chicago) so bring in wine for dinner or a bottle of champagne to mix with their fresh squeezed orange juice for brunch.

Brunch recommendations:
Salmon dill quiche
A danish
Belgian waffle
Crabcake Benedict (special)
Stockholm omelette
Pannekaker (Swedish pancakes)

We'll be there this weekend for brunch in celebration of A's 30th birthday.
 You guys need to check this place out!

2 comments:

  1. Agree on all counts. I especially like the maple pecan Danish (which is actually flown in from Denmark).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Flown in from Denmark? No way! I did not know that! I'll have to try the maple pecan next time.

    ReplyDelete