We're back at it, folks. Why is it that I sleep SO well on Sunday nights and could sleep for hours more on Monday morning, but lose sleep over the weekend to restless nights and early mornings? It just isn't fair. I'm going to need a lot of caffeine today to get me through the day and hope that I have enough energy to go to the gym tonight for Yoga class. I mean, 8pm is kind of late for a class to start, right? I know that A will go so at least that motivates me a little bit more.
We were also out late last night and walked home from a concert at about 10:30pm, but it was an enjoyable late night evening walk with my love. The tree-lined streets were quiet with snowflakes falling. It was very romantic. It's amazing how quiet the city can get at night.
On Friday night, I was thrilled to babysit for my niece, Lilia, who came over to our house. It was Red's first time meeting Lilia and all she wanted to do was be by her. When Lilia was sleeping in the guest room, Red just laid by the door. It was very sweet.
On Saturday morning, Andy made a bird's nest breakfast.
And I used some truffle salt. It's amazing stuff.
And on Saturday night, we met up with my in-laws for some delicious Thai food at Sticky Rice. It was so nice to see them and we had such a wonderful time. I can't wait to see them again.
On Sunday, I used my new library card to check out a few books from the library. I loved browsing the aisles and the smell of all the old books. It brought back memories of spending hours in the library when I was at school. That's a good thing. I've missed it. I got two books by Barbara Kingsolver and two books by Adam Gopnik. I've started to read "Paris to the Moon" by Adam Gopnik recommended to me by my SIL (sister-in-law), Molly. Thanks Mo.
On Sunday night, we went to the Old Town School of Folk Music for the Steep Canyon Rangers (who tour with Steve Martin) and Chatham County Line (our wedding dance was to a song by them) concert. Both bands are from North Carolina and they were awesome. My whole family was in tow so it was nice to be with everyone. I also wore my new favorite lipstick (Nars Heatwave).
Hope everyone had a great weekend! Now, let's get to the next...
No comments:
Post a Comment