Monday, March 19, 2012

weekend recap

Wow! What a beautiful weekend in Chicago. It felt like summer with 80 degree days and blue skies. The weather has been unreal the last couple of weeks and I am little worried about the all the premature blooming & budding plants and trees. As long as the temperatures stay above 40 I think we should be okay. We're almost two months ahead of schedule! I think the warm weather also brought out a lot more people to partake in St. Patty's Day happenings. We were in the city in the morning and got to witness some of it, but then retreated to my in-laws and spent the night. It was very relaxing. On Sunday, I spent the afternoon with my family and celebrated my niece's 5 month old birthday. It was the perfect end to the weekend.
Hope you all enjoyed your weekend!

City streets were packed on Friday afternoon.
Everyone has a story...
Red was as happy as we were that it was Friday!
Crazy clouds Friday night.
 The sunset in our bedroom gives the best light.
Friday night date - Margie's Candies after burgers and beer!
Yummm.... What to order?
Grandpa's Turtle Sundae.
Burning the chiminea - I love the smell of pinon wood.
Three Floyds Irish Session ale - delicious.
My MIL made mini key lime pies for St. Patty's day.
 We watched videos of A as a baby since his 30th birthday is next weekend!
Chicago Forecast.
We got a new bench from my in-laws for our back patio.
Lilia is 5 months old! How cute is that hat?

She's sporting the little pants I got her. They came off pretty fast.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment